Sunday, February 15, 2015

Motivation in running, blogging, and laundry...

I have had several (ok, 4) people tell me, "Hey!  You need to blog...you haven't lately"  Honestly, I didn't really think that it mattered...I am doing this for me...but I guess it helps my "people" stay connected!

It has been a rough couple of months in all aspects.  I joined my HIIT personal training group again and the first 4 weeks were awesome, then I bottomed out.  I just lost focus and allowed sugar and gluten back into my diet.  It took one, ONE, slip up and then I had to start over again...which

I have over and over and over again this past month.  I also stopped logging my food on myfitnesspal which has made it easy to ignore the poor choices that I am making.  I desperately want to get back to it...but the emotional aspects of the rest of my life are making it hard to make good choices... I know, I know, only I can control that!  More on that later!

I have been running... Not a lot... That's one thing that I think is really impacting me too...I need to run. Last week I did a 50k relay with my girls... Our team name is "I thought this was a 5k!"  Love it!  Anyway... A function of where my brain is lead me to believe that it was on Sunday, not Saturday... I had to work so I did the 10k trail run...went to work all day... And then back to meet everyone for drinks!  It was good to be surrounded by the girls. 

This weekend, yesterday, I ran the first of 10 in the Annapolis Striders Championship series.  The Valentine's Day 5k. My friend, Lia, and her daughter ran too. They both are signed up for the series.  It was fun and my times are slowly getting better!  

As for the other stuff going on... Work has been really busy and I have been dealing with difficult issues with my students.  I love being a counselor and feel like I am good at it... I can only take so much though. All the big things going on have been with my students... I am who they trust.  I appreciate that.. But when I am the " first or only" person they tell about something serious... Well...it just snowballs from there...

I also know that it sounds a little "woe is me", but we are getting to the March date of when I would have been having a baby if I hadn't of miscarried in August. Several friends are due around the same time, baby showers, etc.  I know that things work out for the best, there is a reason for everything, whatever... It still sucks and I am still thinking about it. Not sure how that is all going to play out. We are busy in March and April with trips, races, etc. hopefully that will help!

So it's the usual... Work, stress, eating and weight issues, running and motivation, and migraines... All things that need to just go away... All things out of my control and in my control...eating well, sleeping, and exercising take care of most of that stuff..it's just a matter of doing it!

Signing off for now... My goal is to blog at least once a week...good thing my friends keep me accountable!!




No comments:

Post a Comment