Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2 days in the books..and registered for 3 races!

The past two COLD mornings have been graced with my (and my running partner's) presence.  It's hard to get back into it...but we did it.  6 AM is actually not a terrible time to run, I actually enjoy the peacefulness (when we aren't trying to get run over) and the quiet.  Both days I ran 3.9ish miles.  It was tough, it was more of a walk-run-walk.  My times were still within the 13 minutes that is usual for me when I am running longer.  Everything hurts...but that isn't because of running...

For the past 4 days I have been back to the "lifestyle" of no gluten, no sugar, no dairy.  I also have been drinking a gallon (or more) of water.  Last night...the urge to make tollhouse cookies took over.  I made them and ate some dough...I love cookie dough.  I then tried to eat a cookie after they were made and it tasted disgusting.  I also tried to eat M&M's and some other crappy food...I guess I was hungry, or bored, or in my "habit".  Today the inflammation in my knee was terrible.  It's what happens when I eat gluten.  I have felt great for 4 days (don't get me wrong...it hasn't been easy).  I also have lost a  lot of the swelling as I lost 8 lbs this week. 

The weight loss issue is a 10 lbs down, 15 lbs up roller coaster.  I get so frustrated because I know what I need to do (more calories out then in) it's just. so. hard.  I lose, I gain, I lose, I gain.  I have lost 55 lbs and have another 40 to go.  Starting "again" from where I was for an entire 10 months and then falling off the wagon or going off the rails..whatever you want to call it...it sucks to start again and again and again.  I need to do it for me, for my son, for my husband (but most importantly ME)!

Three races this week...I need a sponsor so I can complete my 40 races by the time I get to 40 years..it is expensive for sure!  One of the races I am really excited about.  It's though Run the Edge and you run 2015 miles for the year.  I am on a team of 4...so I have to run 503.75 miles for the year...it will take planning but it's going to be awesome!  I also registered for the Shamrock 5K in Baltimore...that's a new one for me...and I look forward to it.  I also registered for a 50K Ultra Relay in February.  Well, I actually registered for it a while back...but I forgot about it until I was reminded that it is the first week of February in Rock Creek Park...kinda crazy!

So my updated spreadsheet (I love spreadsheets!!) tells me that I am registered or completed a total of 18 races..for last year and this year.  I have a long way to go to get to 40 races (and a lot of money!).  I still have some races that I haven't registered for and hope that I can register for some cheaper races this summer:)

That's all for now...my plan is to keep on keeping on.  I have a lot of support with friends and family encouraging me.  It's New Year's Eve and I am spending it with family. I look forward to 2015.  I am working on setting realistic goals for myself and focusing on what's important.

No comments:

Post a Comment