Thursday, December 4, 2014

Wow..I have had 6 views since I last posted...I know that sounds crazy...but really, who is even reading my blog...with one post?

I have not been doing well with training this week...feeling really down because I can't seem to find motivation...anyone else have this issue?  I have been thinking about joining a running group and just read a great blog about someone else that was nervous about joining a group ...I just worry that I won't be able to keep up, I am slow, and don't feel like a runner...crazy right?!?

I also feel really stuck in where I am right now...one of the biggest parts of my journey has been losing weight.  The short story is that I have been overweight for 20 years...bouncing between 215-245 pounds.  I struggled to get pregnant (that's another story) and last August, 2014) I was at one of those bouncy house places.  All these moms where in their little yoga pants and shirts, flitting around with their kids.  I was too..but I was 245 pounds and with one step could easily take a kid out.  That was my breaking point.  I started with a dr. that asked me,"why are you here?"  My answer was, "I don't want to be fat anymore".  I went on to eating better, exercising, and lost about 60 pounds...then I got pregnant, lost the pregnancy, and gained about 15 pounds back...so here I am again...trying to get my shit together to find that momentum and support system to start losing again...it is such a slow and psychological process!

More on all that back story later (pregnancy, migraines..that's a big story, and losing weight...a perfect trifecta of a hot mess)...and whether or not I get my ass out of bed at 4:30 to actually go running...

~Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment