Monday, December 1, 2014

First post of the journey...Run 40 races by the time I turn 40!!

For those of you that know me....I am not a writer.  I don't really like writing, journaling, or any of the other things that a blog is all about!

My running friends encouraged me to start a blog about my journey.  They said that I inspire them and can inspire others with my story... I started running about a year ago to help me lose weight.  It seemed like everyone was doing it and I had some great people that helped me along the way.  The walking, to run/walk, to running a 5K, then 10K and soon a 15K (in two weeks!) has morphed my confidence in what I stand for...that's what this is all about.

I am 38 years old...40 is upon me and I am determined to complete 40 races by the time I turn 40.  My starting race includes my FIRST 5K in Charleston, SC.  I didn't think I could even finish.  I found that encouraging other racers who were struggling along with me was the key.  I have completed a couple of other races this year.  I joined the running club in my area...but I am still to chicken to go.  I have signed up for the Charleston Half Marathon in January 2015 ( #firstsisterrun)...and my running friends have talked about what other races (including destination races) we can do this year.  I want to keep the momentum, restore my confidence in myself, and continue to foster the relationship that I am making.

This blog is not just about me...it's my journey...there are so many things in the past 10, ok maybe 20, years that have lead me to who I am, what I stand for, and where I am going.

No comments:

Post a Comment